Whatever We Call Living

I may or may not suffer from a classic case of misanthropy, but let me tell you something:

 

We, humans, are sick.

 

Think about this: we’re the only ones who seemingly always manage to complicate everything. Every. Fucking. Thing.

 

I don’t mind complicating things if it improves whatever is currently existing. However, most complications done by humans end up making shit worse.

 

We take what’s there and turn it into shit. We steal, lie, bribe, cheat, and do other unspeakable things just to “live.” That, or to “improve.”

 

Now, you’ll never find a shortage of people trying to sell the idea that the end is nigh, and it’s up to you whether to believe them or not, but I’m all for it.

 

We, humans, are a fucking plague. Mother nature would be much, much better off without us.

 

Don’t believe me? Look no further: money. The concept of money is hella absurd since a body of government that’s prone to corruption regulates and puts value into it, and people would just eat it all up.

 

I like to think that life used to be pretty fucking simple. You know? People just living for the sake of living. Nobody is absurdly rich or poor. Just a group of homo sapiens coexisting doing what they each do best and trade to make up for what they lack. Don’t come at me trying to explain why the barter system is flawed. I’m just trying to prove a point. Ok?

 

Then, at some point, some motherfucker got too greedy or too powerful, and we “evolved.” Some individuals grew to possess way, way more power and wealth than the rest. Superiority complex kicks in, suddenly you’re better than everybody else. Then it all just went downhill from there. Monarchy. Slavery. Taxes. At some point, people just stopped living and chasing the money. Before you know it, food and housing, the top essentials for our survival, become our very own shackles.

 

Don’t have money to buy food? Starve.

 

Don’t have money to rent a place? Sleep on the streets.

 

Own a house but can’t pay the taxes? Good luck.

 

And so on.

 

Costs and taxes aren’t even the nastiest. Let’s circle back to superiority complex, and I do think humans are just inherently fucked up, just how many horror stories have you heard of rich people doing all sorts of depravities?

 

They’re bored and too powerful, and none of us can do jack shit about it because that’s what they are: too powerful.

 

Most people would agree that drugs are the root of all evil, but I beg to differ. It’s goddamned money.

 

And it doesn’t end there.

 

Allow me to introduce you to the most absurd, most sickening commodity there is, whose existence is dubious at best and straight up malevolent at worst: cryptocurrency. Well, cryptocurrency and its derivatives (NFT included).

 

The original goal was quite commendable in trying to decentralize finance everywhere, abolishing the all-skewed exchange rates and providing security that’s highly difficult to crack, 

but… humans will be humans, and we’re nothing if not greedy. Humans, however, being greedy fucks that they are, always find opportunities in every corner, and what we have now is just… abominable.

 

Fast forward to 2022, and we see tons of crypto projects, altcoin and NFT projects alike, with the vast majority being rug pull schemes. The founders promise schmucks that early adopters will get rich, and once they hit a certain number, they bounce, scamming investors out of their pocket, and a lot of the time, their life savings.

 

People ridicule and frown upon pyramid schemes and MLM frauds but praise crypto projects as a legit, working get-rich-quick scheme? Color me mindfucked, I guess. Honestly, I think those who lose everything to this bullshit deserve it. They get what’s coming to them. I mean, who in their right mind would gamble “invest” their life savings into something as volatile as cryptocurrency? All in hopes of “getting rich quick.”

 

Ah, to be stupid and naïve. Must be nice.

 

And don’t even get me started on those who actually have success with investing. Those people may seem rich and stable. But, fuck me. All they do is obsess over money, money, and money. They always follow the money; chasing it even if it’s the last thing they do, not even trying to enjoy their life or spend their boatload of money. Why? After all, amassing that kind of fortune is pointless if you can’t enjoy it. It’s stupid.

 

Meanwhile, millions, if not billions of people die of hunger and sickness due to extreme poverty while the rich couldn’t give a shit about it, busy hoarding money.

 

This ain’t right. This ain’t living.

 

I’ve seen my fair share of good things in life. I know some legitimately kind people, and then I know lots of utter degenerates. Unfortunately, they are becoming more and more prevalent each day. A wise man once said, “…times are gone for honest men, and sometimes far too long for snakes.”

 

Unfortunately, he couldn’t have been more right. We’re fucked, and we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

 

We need to start over. If someone were to present me with a big-ass reset button and ask me to wipe humanity off the face of this planet, I’d do it in a heartbeat. No questions asked.

 

I’m tired. I’m sick of this bullshit we call living, and I no longer have any fucks to give.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of an Era

Entry #16

Goddammit, Me