Time Reveals

I’ve spent my days pondering
Over all the things I could or would do
But I always ended up drinking

I’ve tried to numb myself
In hopes of saving myself from the demons in my head
But I always ended up putting a heart on the shelf

A part of my soul chips away as time goes by
Bit by bit, chunk by chunk
‘Till there’s nothing left but a rusty heart and a faceless ghost

I’ve spent my days wondering
About all the things that could’ve been or would’ve been
And I always ended up hurting

And they say that time will heal,
but oh no darling, I’ve learned differently
As it goes by, time will reveal

Time reveals and it will spare nothing
Nothing
Nothing at all

It will reveal, yeah
It will reveal, yeah
Time will reveal
And you too, shall heal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The End of an Era

Entry #16

Goddammit, Me